Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I've Got My Eye On You!


I came across this authors work through via social media when someone posted about this website: Historical Festival on Facebook. I cannot remember who. Anyhow, interesting website and a list of lots of authors to check out. This book really stood out to me and I will be keeping my eye on it! Who knows, I might even read it in the foreseeable future.



Police-procedural murder mystery that enters the lists of historical crime with shock and suspense. 
Eight days in spring, 1735: a race against crime. 



When a handsome young man is shot dead on an estate in the picturesque Champagne region of France, Victor Constant, military policeman, determines to find out why. But no one else, including the local magistrate, seems willing to penetrate the mystery of this brutal death. Alone and against orders, Victor confronts the notorious free-thinker, Voltaire, who found the body. Victor fights to protect the innocent and bring the real killer to justice. A second murder occurs and Victor's task becomes doubly dangerous: unless he can strip bare the conspiracy behind this intricate series of crimes, he stands to lose his military career--and his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment