Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Secret Life of Winnie Cox By Sharon Maas


The Secret Life of Winnie Cox is probably going to be the most important review I write this year. The story has left such an impression on me. It has stirred up so many emotions in me of the brutality on humanity and how in our world often times more than not shows merciless and evil acts. This story also portrays courageous hearts and a will to survive in the bravest of people. Will my review do this book justice? I hope so. My emotions for this is really beyond words. I'm looking forward to turning this review in once I finish it.

My review will be posted at my WordPress at: www.layeredpages.com 

Stephanie M. Hopkins 

Book description

1910, South America. A time of racial tension and poverty. A time where forbidden love must remain a secret.

Winnie Cox lives a privileged life of dances and dresses on her father’s sugar cane plantation. Life is sweet in the kingdom of sugar and Winnie along with her sister Johanna, have neither worries nor responsibilities, they are birds of paradise, protected from the poverty in the world around them.

But everything can change in a heartbeat ...

When Winnie falls in love with George Quint, the post-office boy, a ‘darkie’ from the other side, she soon finds herself slipping into a double life. And as she withdraws from her family, she discovers a shocking secret about those whom are closest to her. Now, more than ever, Winnie is determined to prove her love for George, whatever price she must pay and however tragic the consequences might be.

A breath-taking love story of two people fighting to be together, in a world determined to break them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment