Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Darcy's Decision by Maria Grace




Having renewed my acquaintance with Jane Austen by rereading several of her masterworks including Pride and Prejudice in the last year, it was with joyful anticipation I began to read Maria Grace's Darcy's Decision. I was not disappointed! Grace's delightful tour de force introduces the reader to Austen's Darcy as he inherits Pemberley and works toward becoming its best master ever. I simply could not put it down. I found myself reading long into the night trying to figure out how Darcy would handle the most delicate matter concerning his young sister Georgiana. A quick glance at the chapter titles gives the reader a good idea of the challenges Darcy will face. Such chapter titles include: To Whom Much is Given; Bad Company corrupts Good Company; and Folly is Bound Up in the Heart of a Child.

The characters postively leap from the pages! They are alive and interesting. They are people the reader wants to get to know better.

Grace has an eye for detail and a knack for recreating Austen's world. I heartily recommend her books to Austen fans everywhere! I am eagerly awaiting more in this series.
 
 
Author Michele Kallio
Review Team Member

No comments:

Post a Comment