Thursday, June 21, 2012

Interview with Author Scott Nicholson




I would like to introduce Author Scott Nicholson the winner of the IndieBRAG Medallion.


Scott, please tell us about your book, Too Many Witches.

I did IF I WERE YOUR MONSTER with Lee Davis and really liked his art, so I kicked around for another "monster" type of book.





What inspired you to write this story?

I liked the idea of "too many cooks spoil the kitchen," so I wondered what would happen if little witches tried to out-do each other on a wicked potion.

Is there a message in your story you want young readers to grasp?

It's a story about friendship and working together, but also inspiring children to be creative.

Who or what inspired you to become an author?

All the great books, art, and music I've been lucky enough to find have inspired me to be creative. Ever since I was young, I have always been making up stories, songs, and pictures. Dr. Seuss was probably one of my strongest early influences.

What are your goals as a writer?

I've fulfilled my only real goal of wanting to create for a living, but now I want to meet even more readers, get out books in foreign languages, and experiment with new types of storytelling.

What is your next book project?

I'm working on a post-apocalyptic series called AFTER, and I am developing another kids' book with Lee Davis.

What is your favorite quote?

"Life isn't fair."--three billion parents

What advice would you give to an aspiring author?

Dare to dream. Ignore all the people who say no or put up walls. Be relentless and uncompromising in your creative vision.

Author Bio:

Scott Nicholson is author of 20 novels and eight story collections, as well as four children's books. His website is www.hauntedcomputer.com. He is also a partner in the book promotion and giveaway site eBookSwag.com.

Scott Nicholson
http://www.hauntedcomputer.com
Sign up for my newsletter and win prizes:
scottsinnercircle-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

We are delighted that Stephanie has chosen to interview Scott Nicholson who is the author of Too Many Witches , one of our medallion honorees at www.bragmedallion.com. To be awarded a B.R.A.G. MedallionTM, a book must receive unanimous approval by a group of our readers. It is a daunting hurdle and it serves to reaffirm that a book such as Too Many Witches merits the investment of a reader’s time and money.

IndieBRAG

Thank you Scott for this wonderful interview. It was a pleasure!

Stephanie
Layered Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment